8.11.2011

do more with nothing

The world is big and vibrant and beautiful and there are ten thousand things vying for our attention at any given moment.  And as writers, part of what we do is take it all in - it's our job to notice the details so that we can use them later.  We evoke what it is that we absorb.

But I have to say, personally, I've been feeling completely and utterly overwhelmed by our big beautiful world lately.  Between my family and my friendships and work and writing and writing classes and email and Twitter and Facebook and blogging, I'm starting to feel emptied out rather than fulfilled by everything on offer.

So, today, I am giving myself a break. And I think you should do the same.

Do Nothing For 2 Minutes

(Two minutes, I know... but it's a start!)

No comments:

Post a Comment