8.05.2011

what i'm reading

I keep a running list of what I've read this year here, but I don't provide any sort of commentary, just the list.  As you may have noticed, I'm having a Summer of YA, so I've been devouring lots of titles I've been meaning to read for a while, as well as anything else that strikes my YA fancy.  My intention is just to keep a record, in case anyone wants to say "Hey, yeah, I read that - what did you think?" or something of the sort.  I'm not really one for writing reviews; I'd rather have a conversation.

But I just needed to throw this out there:


I just finished The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and it was amazing.

Seriously.  I cannot explain how much I loved this book.  The world-building is superb, the characterizations are dead on, the plot is fast-paced and, frankly, brilliant.

It's not a new release (published in 2008, I think?) so maybe there was hype around it when it came out and I just missed it.  But I'm re-hyping.

If you love YA: read it.  If you don't: read it anyway.

Honestly.  Just read it.  Thank me later.

(Happy weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment