8.09.2011

where stories come from

I never know what to tell people when they ask me where I get the ideas for my stories.  I mean, the easiest answer is... my brain.  The more complicated answer is, I don't know and I'm not sure how much I have to do with the creation of those ideas, and also it's a lot of work.

(That second answer is a contradiction, but that doesn't make it any less true.)

But the answer that I'd like to give people, when they ask, goes more like this: the stories come from places inside of me that are odd and ferocious and beautiful and strange and calm.  I wish I could show you those places, but I can't.  If I could, though, I think they would look something like this.












1 comment:

  1. That blue ceiling one - is that underneath a glacier?

    And love the one of the stacked-up buildings, where all the cars on the street are actually boats.

    And I must find where those cliff houses are and ask if I can visit.

    Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete