9.06.2011

paranoid parrot

So.  A whole bunch of people from my past - people I haven't spoken to in years - have randomly contacted me within the last two weeks.  Don't get me wrong, this is awesome.  I love hearing from old friends, and it's always great to find out how they're doing, and to let them know what I've been up to. 

When my first old friend got in touch, I bounced up and down in my chair.  "Ooh!" I squealed.  "Yay!  Old friend!"

When my second friend got in touch, my eyebrows went up.  "How funny!  Weird coincidence.  But awesome!"

When my third friend got in touch, I turned to my girlfriend.  "Um, do you think I might be dying?"

"What?"

"Me.  Dying.  I just had three old friends get in touch with me in less than 2 weeks.  Do you think the universe might be telling me that I'm dying and I need to be reaching out to old friends?"

(I should note that she is used to these bizarro questions from me, so she didn't immediately try to have me committed.) 

"No," she said, shaking her head.  "I do not think the universe is telling you that you're dying.  And why would that be your first thought??"

I just stared at her blankly.  "Have you MET me????"






 All photos from here

C'mon, I am Paranoid Parrot.  What did she expect?

2 comments:

  1. you ARE a paranoid parrot. TG there is finally a name for it all. :)

    ReplyDelete