11.15.2011

now with added exclamation points

A quick round-up of things I've been doing when I haven't been writing...
(Y'know, for posterity.)

Getting married!
(Yeah, that was kind of a big one.)

In early October, special awesome ladyfriend and I swooped into City Hall and officially tied the knot.  It was pretty much the most kickass day ever.







Carving pumpkins!

Every year for Halloween a few of my favorite people gather to eat delicious food, NOT watch scary movies (we prefer the Halloween episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, in case you were wondering), and carve some pumpkins.  It is one of my favorite traditions.




Running a 5k!  And an 8k!

As you may recall, these were things I said out loud that I was going to do.  While I've been less successful at meeting my writing goals (a post for another day...) I did manage to complete both of these races without dying and/or completely humiliating myself.  Whee!


Hanging out at the Outer Banks!

For the aforementioned 8k, I flew down to the OBX and met up with my parents.  Good times were had by all.






And of course... working.





And you?  What have you all been up to?

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS to you and your WIFE! Being married was pretty much the best decision I ever made :) I can tell you made an excellent choice too, just by the shoes she wore on Wedding Day. Awesome. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful events! Super-congrats on the wedding to you and yours!

    And awesome photos, too, especially with the stairs and masonry.

    Can't imagine running a race - I'm more of a "Let's walk along this trail and stop and check out the chickadees" kind of athlete - but glad to hear you did well.

    And are those beach shots from a slideshow or a funky cool camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congrats on getting married. Kind of a life-changing moment for most. :)

    I'm completely distracted in life right now by a big trip I'm taking to the UK next spring. I'll get to research the setting of my novels in person. As a result of so much anticipation, I'm experiencing almost fangirl levels of hysteria whenever I think about it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica - Thank you! I know, love love loved her shoes. Not the only reason I think I made a good choice, but it certainly didn't hurt! ;)

    @MC - Ha - I haven't been running for very long, so my pace was basically an enthusiastic amble. But I finished! Oh, and I took the beach shots with the instagram app on my phone - lets you put all kinds of funky filters on. I'm kind of obsessed with it.

    @LG - Yes, I read about your trip on your blog! SO AMAZING. I think I'd be apoplectic with fangirl-ish anticipation too. :) I'm looking forward to following (i.e. living vicariously through) all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    I love the photos as well.
    That staircase is so open and full of light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS! My sister is marrying her girl this coming summer, and I can't wait to be there. If only the whole country could get this thing right.

    ReplyDelete