4.18.2012

A to Z: Paring down

As those of you who're participating in the A to Z challenge this month must also have realized: this challenge is no joke.  Keeping up with blogging, answering comments, reading others' blogs, commenting on them, work, family, etc. is a lot to fit into a day!

That's not, of course, to say that I'm not enjoying the experience quite a bit.  I've gotten to meet and interact with so many fantastic people, and I've discovered so many blogs that I expect to keep reading long after A to Z is over.  These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of awesome.

But.

But I have family coming into town to visit starting tomorrow, and then a few frantic days at work after they leave, and then a long-awaited trip with yet more family... and I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done.  So this post is my announcement that the paring down of the posts has officially begun.  I hope you'll bear with me; I still have so much to say, I'm just going to try and keep it brief.  (Not my strong suit, clearly, as this several-paragraphs-long "paring down" post demonstrates, heh).

All I'm saying is, I'm pretty jealous of those people who decided to post 5 word poems or something.  In retrospect, I think they're geniuses.

So.  Shorter posts from me, starting now.  But the same amount of joy to see you all stop by, and to read your blogs.  :)

Happy Wednesday!


One month.  26 posts.  A to Z.  (Don't know what I'm talking about?  Check out the Challenge here.)

15 comments:

  1. And sometimes just a picture makes a great post too. Gotta give ourselves a break once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't beat yourself up. The A-to-Z blogathon is very low on the real priorities of life, and making time for the important things (friends, family, and real live people) is nothing you should feel you need to apologize for.

    Your brevity is beautiful; your paring is powerful; your shortness is a showpiece!

    It's all good... ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice use of alliteration my friend! :) We'll see how beautifully brief I actually end up being - I have several posts pre-written so they're already long, heh.

      Delete
  3. 'All I'm saying is, I'm pretty jealous of those people who decided to post 5 word poems or something. In retrospect, I think they're geniuses.'

    :)

    Enjoy your family in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suze. That is definitely the plan. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm having a hard time just keeping up with the few blogs I read, so don't hesitate to cut a few corners.

    You've got a great eye for quotes, so you could always simply post one that begins with each letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone ahead a scheduled a few posts just like that. :) Eeeexcellent suggestion.

      Delete
  5. As long as you keep posting! I've enjoyed reading your posts. :)

    Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! That's the plan - I'm in it to win it! My posts are just going to be a bit more, uh, scattered, I think. :)

      Delete
  6. Company is good! Enjoy your time together, folks will still be here when you get back :)

    (And brevity is hard for me too. It takes me longer to edit a post into a quasi-manageable length than to write it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's that quote - "I would have written you a shorter letter, but I didn't have the time"? Something like that. :) Maybe paring down will be harder than I thought, ha.

      Delete
  7. OMG! I feel like all i do is comment and write!! I am with you there - short posts and reposts are the way forward :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's hard to keep up! Fun, but hard. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I'm taking a mini-vacation & won't have access to the net. So, I wrote three very brief posts (I recycled an old one) and was going to schedule them to automatically post. But, I'm having Blogger issues so I'm just going to post Q, R & S all tomorrow. Oh well. That's life. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete