4.28.2012

A to Z: You

Nobody can advise and help you, nobody. There is only one single means. Go inside yourself. Discover the motive that bids you write; examine whether it sends its roots down to the deepest places of your heart, confess to yourself whether you would have to die if writing were denied you. This before all: ask yourself in the quietest hour of your night: must I write?
RAINER MARIA RILKE



[Please note that I'll be out of town, with little-if-any internet access, for the next few days.  I hate to miss the homestretch of A to Z, but if I don't stop by your blog this weekend, please know I'm planning on getting there ASAP!]

One month.  26 posts.  A to Z.  (Don't know what I'm talking about?  Check out the Challenge here.)

4 comments:

  1. I think I would probably explode into a million pieces if I wasn't able to at least scratch in the sand the words that dance in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, each writer is alone with their own thoughts, desires and ambitions. I was lucky enough to write four novels with a co-writer, but she expanded my horizons when she added her thoughts to mine.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only must I write, but having been neglected for the last month due to the A-to-Z insanity, my writing is getting a bit musty, too!

    ReplyDelete