5.08.2012

we interrupt this silence

Things have not. stopped. moving. post-A to Z! Really though, not for a moment.  Work got busy and I spent last weekend at the Muse & the Marketplace conference (which was amazing and really needs a post all its own...) and it's possible that I just BOUGHT A HOUSE.  So... that's where I've been.  Running around like a crazy person, pretending to be a grown up, scheduling inspections, attending workshops, doing laundry, intermittently freaking out about the enormity of homeownership, having no time to write, etc.

So!  This is me, dropping a quick line to say hello there, yes, I AM still alive... and to give all kinds of celebratory high-fives to those of you who are also in A to Z recovery.  To those of you who are just stopping by now that all the blogging madness has died down: high-fives AND fist-bumps.  (Which is apparently my way of saying, so nice to meet you!)

Super special thanks and love to Chris over at A Writer's Expanding and Slightly Warped Universe for bestowing upon me the Liebster Award, which I will gratefully accept in a blog post that is less off-the-cuff, as it deserves proper recognition.  (If you're a writer and you didn't check out his blog during A to Z, you should go peruse - his theme was fundamentals of writing that we all ought to include in our work, and it's a pretty fantastic list!  Also, he's one of the nicest bloggers you'll ever meet.)

More super special love and thanks to Suze at Analog Breakfast, for consistently blowing my mind with her A to Z posts, and for following that up with a shout-out in her roundup post that made me all blushy.  Hers catapulted very quickly to one of my very favorite blogs (ever), so it meant a lot to know that she would send people this way.  Go check her out, if you don't know her.  You won't regret it.

And now I'm off to cross a few more things off my list.  But what about you all?  How're you keeping busy?  (I miss not getting daily posts from everyone!)

9 comments:

  1. If you just bought a house, you're pretending to be a grown-up a lot better than I am. :-)

    Congrats! And definitely a great shout-out at Analog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at all you've accomplished over April. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your favorite blogs. I'll check them out.
    During April, my first co-written book was published. That was exciting in itself, but now the paperback has joined the ebook. We're checking Amazon every day and comparing notes. And I've returned to completing my latest novel. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying a house is a big deal. All the best with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award AND on the purchase of a home. You HAVE been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You HAVE been busy! 8^o

    Congratulations on the new house! I send you many house-warming thoughts: I hope it is a home forever filled with joy and love and happiness!

    And geez -- you went and made me all blushy... Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. You totally deserve the award -- You've got an amazing voice and I just love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to put less things on my list this month after A-Z :)
    Wagging Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoot! Congratulations on so much awesomeness -- especially the house.

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
  8. being busy as a bee is good:) I'm off to check things off my list as well:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey again. Just wanted to let you know that I also awarded you a Kreativ Blogger award too. ;^)

    Hope you're doing great and that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete